Skip to main content

Proof of registration for French companies

When required documents are available, Swan retrieves them independently.

If it's not possible for Swan to retrieve a document, the following list of documents can be requested to open an account for your company registered in 🇫🇷 France.

Documents must have been issued within the last three months and be written in the Latin alphabet.

Legal entityProof of registrationArticles of associationOther documents
Société anonyme

Société à responsabilité limitée

Société civile professionnelle

Entreprise unipersonnelle à responsabilité limitée

Société par actions simplifiée

Société par actions simplifiée unipersonnelle

Société en nom collectif

Société en commandite par actions

Société en commandite simple
Kbis∗ certificate of incorporation✓ Required
if requested by Swan
Declaration of UBOs∗ (collected by Swan)
Entrepreneur individuelOne of the following documents will provide proof of registration:

  • INSEE∗ registration document
  • A document certifying registration with the Chamber of Commerce (for sole-employed carrying out a commercial activity)
  • A document certifying registration with the Trade Register (for self-employed carrying out a craft activity)
☒ Not requiredFirst transfer from a bank account in Europe or the EEA∗ in the name of the client
Professions libéralesINSEE registration document☒ Not requiredURSSAF∗ registration
AssociationsJOAFE∗ journal issue✓ Required
if requested by Swan
Syndic de copropriétéKbis certificate of incorporation✓ Required
  • UBO∗ declaration (collected by Swan)
  • UBO's identity document
  • Legal representative's identity document
  • Professional card
  • Financial guarantee
  • Professional liability insurance
Syndicat de copropriétéProof of registration in the ANAH∗ register☒ Not requiredCopy of the minutes from a general meeting during which the syndicat was designated

∗ Acronyms:

  • Kbis: K extract for a business that serves as your company's ID card
  • UBO: Ultimate Beneficial Owner
  • INSEE: Institut national de la statistique et des études économiques
    • (English: French National Institute of Statistics and Economic Studies)
  • URSSAF: Unions de recouvrement des cotisations de sécurité sociale et d'allocations familiales
    • (English: Organizations for the Collection of Social Security and Family Benefit Contributions)
  • EEA: European Economic Area
  • JOAFE: Journal officiel des associations et fondations d'entreprises
    • (English: Official Journal of Associations & Corporate Foundations)
  • ANAH: Agence Nationale de l'Habitat
    • (English: National Housing Agency)