Requirements for France
If your company is based in France and you want to offer banking services to your customers, you are obligated to obtain the legal status “MOBSP”, standing for "Non-exclusive Intermediaries in Banking Operations and Payment Services". To do so, you must apply to Orias, an association that approves and controls insurance, banking, and investment intermediaries in France. You are responsible for this process as we cannot do it on behalf of our partners. Neither can we access your Orias personal profile or get privileged information about your application. We are here to assist you if you have any doubts or questions, but the entire application process rests on you.
Here is how it goes from start to finish:
2- You may be redirected to the login form.
3- Register as a legal entity, enter your SIREN number.
4- Enter information about your business
5- Enter information about your legal representative.
6- Read the overview and validate your registration.
8- Go back to the Orias website and click on the “Login” button.
9- Reset your password.
10- Click on the “New Registration” button.
11- At this step, make sure to choose the following options:
- Mandate category must be: “Activité IOB” and “Mandataire non-exclusif en opérations de banque et en services de paiement” (MOBSP).
- To the following questions, you must indicate:
- “I declare that no funds are entrusted to me”.
- “Is the activity subject to this registration your primary activity, or secondary activity”, you must answer “Secondary activity” as below.
- “My company offers credit (or other banking and payment services) only as an accessory”, you must answer “Yes” as below.
12- Provide the documents requested by Orias: K-bis and proof of professional aptitude (e.g. diploma, contract). Swan will provide your “attestation de mandat” to Orias, you won’t need to worry about that.
12. Bis - To see what type of document serves as proof of professional aptitude view the following chart (Niveau III - IOBSP). If you don't have any proof of professional aptitude, please send an e-mail to [email protected]
13- Proceed to the payment.
14- Receive your registration number.
You'll receive a second email that confirms your registration and provides your Orias registration number. Keep this number handy. You'll need it.
16- Swan registers you as a MOBSP
17 - Once the documents have been sent, Orias performs a review to make sure your file demonstrates full compliance. The committee informs you of their final decision by email. If approved, you receive an email with the date your MOBSP status will be enacted. Do not hesitate to reach out to the Orias by phone (09 69 32 59 73) or email ([email protected]) if you don’t receive any update about your application.
18 - Remember to add the following mention to your footer, legal mention, and anywhere you distribute/sell payment services :
MyBrand, société immatriculée au R.C.S de XXXX sous le numéro XXXXX, et inscrit au Registre unique des Intermédiaires en Assurance, Banque et Finance sous le numéro d’immatriculation XXXXX en qualité de Mandataire non exclusif en opérations de banque et en services de paiement.